Friday, November 19, 2010

Backmasking Assignment


Back masking is when a hidden message is found in the backwards playing of a song. Reverse speech is the phenomenon of hidden backward messages in speech. Some would say that this is the 7th sense that some people have. A lot of backward messages are found in rock songs, such as the Beetles or Led Zeppelin. Back masking is also very controversial. Some think it is not true but others are obsessed with it! Back masking and reverse speech are found in many songs.
    Example #1: Stairway To Heaven By Led Zeppelin
    In the song, Stairway to Heaven, by Led Zeppelin, the message hat is played backwards is rather creepy. The real lyrics, “If there’s a bustle in your hedgerow, don’t be alarmed now it’s, just a spring clean, for the May queen, yes, there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run, there’s still time to change, the road you’re on” but the hidden message is “So here’s to my, sweet Satan. The other’s little path, would make me sad, whose power is faith. He’ll give those with him 666. And all the evil fools, they know he made, us suffer sadly. “ As one can see, this finding is extremely disturbing! I believe that this subliminal message was on purpose because upon listening, the message was so clear.
   
    Example #2: Another One Bites the Dust By Queen
    Another One Bites the Dust, by Queen, also has a subliminal message in its interior. In the lyrics “Another one bites the dust, another one bites the dust, another one bites the dust.” backwards it reads “ It’s fun to smoke marijuana, it’s fun to smoke marijuana, it’s fun to smoke marijuana.” This is a profane message but when you listen to the song t is very clear and easy to hear.
    Example #3: Paparazzi by: Lady GaGa
    Paparazzi by Lady GaGa when played backward says “Evil save us, the stars above, above…we model it on the art of Lucifer.” When Gaga is singing “There’s no other superstar that I’ll be, your papa- Paprazzi. Promise I’ll be kind.” I think this is true because the lyrics are so clear!
Example #4: I’m So Tired by The Beatles
    I’m So Tired by The Beatles has threatening lyrics in its interior. When unexplainable gibberish occurs, it says “ Paul is dead. Miss him, miss him, miss him.” when played backwards. I think this was on purpose but it is a very strange message considering that Paul is alive!
   
Example #5: ...Baby One More Time by Britney Spears
    Baby One More Time by Britney Spears has a message hidden within it. Britney sings “With you I lose my mind, give me a sign.” But underlying these lyrics it is saying “Sleep with me, I’m not too young.” This is disturbing but i think it is a bunch of hogwash. When you listen to the verse, it is scratchy and doesn’t sound real at all.
   
Example #6: Beat It by Michael Jackson
    Beat It by Michael Jackson also has a satanic message in it. When Michael is singing “Tell you it’s fair so beat it.” He seems to be saying “I believe it was Satan in me.” I think this example is true because the demonic message was clear.


Example #7: Pokemon Rap
    The Pokemon Rap has a disturbing message in it. In the theme song, it says “Gotta catch em’ all, gotta catch em’ all, gotta catch em’ all.” The underlying message is saying “I love Satan, I love Satan, I love Satan.” I think this might be true because those words fit into the lyrics perfectly.
    Example #8: Hotel California by Eagles
    In Hotel California by the Eagles, the message is really strange. The lyrics are “In the middle of the night, just to hear them say.” It seems to be saying “Satan he hears this. He had me believe.” I’m not quite sure if this is true because it was somewhat clear but still couldn't be made out entirely.
   
Example #9: Nature Trail to Hell by Weird Al
    Nature Trail to Hell by Weird Al has a humorous message in it. While the song is playing indistinguishable music, Weird Al is saying “Satan eats Cheez Whiz.” I find this kind of funny, rather than demonic. But it is not very clear, so I don’t think it is true.
Example #10: My Name is... by Eminem
    My Name is... by Eminem is a great song with a message in it. When Eminem is singing “Hi! My name is...(what?) My Name is... (who?) My name is... (scratches) Slim Shady.” He is actually saying “ It is Slim. It is Eminem. It is Eminem.” Eminem seems to be having a personality crisis, but it is very clear that he is saying this message in the song. I think it might just be a coincidence though.

No comments:

Post a Comment